Sunday, June 17, 2012

Cure for UTI's? Can it be? A Cure all for just about anything???

The bane of my existence just happens to be Urinary Tract Infections (UTI). For anyone who has never had one, it is a terrible burning, need to pee feeling that doesn't go away.
Me: Outta my way! I gotta pee!  ahhhhhhhhhhh... ow ow ow damn't I have a UTI
Bladder: haha bitch!
Me: ok call doctor, get antibiotics and funky sulfur pills that turn my pee orange. Get up, start to walk out of bathroom and...
Bladder: Hey you! You gotta pee again, turn around and get back on that toilet, stay there all day!

That is the average argument I have with myself EVERY time this happens.  UTI's are dangerous. If you let an infection go without getting it taken care of- the bacteria will travel from your bladder to your kidneys, therein causing a mass infection of painfully epic proportions.  Okay enough of the anatomy lesson.  Needless to say that are very painful and make you pee a lot. Wait, correction make you feel like you have to pee a lot, because you actually don't have to pee very much when you have the infection.

Now a lot of people claim the best thing to do is go to the doctor, get antibiotics and sulfur pills, drink lots of cranberry juice to flush out your body... All that is great, really it is. Yet what about those people who do not have health insurance or are afraid that taking all these antibiotics are going to give way to super resistance bacteria. I prefer the more natural, saving money way.

About a month ago, I woke up with the need to urinate so bad that I thought I was going to pee my pants. Jumped up and ran to the bathroom. After the initial "ahhh" feeling, came the burning, ohmygod hold your breath the pain is unbearable feeling. I went to wipe and of the toilet paper was covered in blood. The toilet water was red from the amount of blood in my urine.  I went to Urgent care, they gave me antibiotics, and I started them immediately. The bad news is: it came back.

A couple weeks later I felt the burning sensation again. I almost started crying. Money is tight, and I cant afford these constant trips to the doctor for this. But I also didn't want to be running to the bathroom every five minutes either.  So I did what any other poor broke student and mother would do.. I got online and did my research.  More than once I ran into the miracle cure... Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV).

Really?  Something I have always used in my laundry, is a miracle cure for just about everything from weight loss to UTIs?  hmmm. Alright, I'm desperate.  There are about a hundred different ways to take the ACV, from capsules to drinking mixed with water or for the very brave those who can slam it down straight! (Can we get those people a freaking medal please?) Most recipes called for mixing the ACV with water and honey and sipping throughout the day.  I decided to try something else.

2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
1 1/2 Tablespoons 100% Lemon juice
Mixed with a nice tall glass of V8 Splash Berry Blend

MMM, now that was good. It has just a tiny kick to it. but overall awesome.  Within 15 minutes the feeling of having to constantly urinate was GONE!!! It has been several hours now, and there has been no more pain.  Holy crap. The best thing to do is to keep drinking clear fluids, and that is what I intend on doing for the next few days, and taking this awesome ACV mix 3 times a day until all symptoms are gone. UTI's are usually around for a week once the antibiotic treatment starts, so I will continue the ACV mix that long! I will keep you all posted!

Did I mention that I have also been getting a stuffy nose and a cough? Since I took the ACV mix, my nose has cleared up and I can breathe now, as well as the incessant need to cough has diminished greatly! I am impressed.  How have I not heard about the curing properties of this before?  It is also supposed to help with weight loss, diabetes, high cholesterol, and blood pressure issues. Of course you should always talk to your doctor before starting any homeopathic remedy.  I will keep you all updated as to whether this "miracle cure" really works, and for the budget conscious and frugal person you can't beat the price!

I look forward to hearing other's points of view on the subject, and if anyone has any additional information. Also if you do try it for a medical condition, I would love to hear your results!

No comments:

Post a Comment